Sign up for weekend fun! Every Thursday, we send this weekend family-fun list to our ParentMap enews subscribers. Join us; it's free, quick and easy!
Hello, heat wave! For us, anyway. Summer's coming in with a bang and we've got lots to do on the coming sunny days. Slather on the sunscreen and have fun!
- Explore what a low tide uncovers at beaches up and down the Sound (Friday–Monday).
- Celebrate the remarkable strawberry at Bellevue's fest with kids' inflatables, touch-a-truck and lots of opportunities to eat berries (Saturday–Sunday).
- The Shoreline Arts Festival features ukelele music, hands-on craft activities, cultural displays, K-Pop showcase and lots more cool stuff (Saturday–Sunday).
- Slide in a slug suit and have other sluggy-fun times at Northwest Trek's Slug Fest (Saturday–Sunday).
- Celebrate families, unity and love at Pride events: Family Pride, the Pride Parade and PrideFest at Seattle Center (Saturday–Sunday).
- Gobble up a pancake breakfast, take a pony ride and enjoy equestrian entertainment at Bridle Trails (Saturday).
- The epic Greenwood Car Show lets you stroll in the street while admiring vintage rides (Saturday).
- Head to Graham for piping and drumming, dancing, the sheaf toss and other awesome Highland Games activities (Friday–Saturday).
- Dive in to marine science, learning all about whales, the work of NOAA and lots more (Saturday–Sunday).
- Experience the music, dance and cultural traditions of Northwest Indigenous people (Saturday).
- All aboard for free mini train rides for families, a pleasant car ride away (Saturday–Sunday).
- Catch a show on the last weekend of Pickle: The Dog Who Loved to Read at Rainier Arts Center (Friday–Sunday).
- Practice emerging pedaling skills on a family bike ride along a lakeside boulevard closed to cars (Sunday).
- Celebrate summer and dance around the May pole at Skandia Midsommarfest (Sunday).
Need more ideas? Splash around at a super-fun spray park, chill out on a cool family bike ride through a tunnel or another family-friendly bike route, or head to the lake and go fishing. Don't be late to snag a spot at these awesome outdoor pools, they'll be busy! And check out our full family fun calendar for more activities every day of the week.